And you can be part of it. All it takes is two simple actions.
1. Hit recommend.
2. Make the commitment that December 7th will not be business as usual. Stay home from work. Cut classes. Close your business. Take a stand.
More . . . with a printable poster the flip.
Stop writing letters and hit him where it hurts.
Our Purpose Is Just
The Bush administration and Republican co-conspirators in Congress have hijacked truth to serve their personal interests and twisted view of America's role in the world. It's 1984 all over again. But last week the most-magnificent Senator Harry Reid resorted to extraordinary measures to stop the lying - and now it's our turn. There will be no business as usual until the truth is out.
Why Truth AND Peace
Without the truth there will be no peace.
Why December 7
December 7 is a "day of infamy" - and there is no better day to point to the horror of war and the cost of deception.
Here's What We're Asking
1. Make a personal commitment to the National Strike for Truth and Peace . . . to making December 7 a day of mourning for the loss of integrity and a day of peace.
2. Do not work or attend school that day. Call in sick, cut classes, whatever. Just make sure it's not business as usual. Don't buy anything from a Red Business on December 7th if at all possible. See Buy Blue for help.
3. Organize a vigil or protest at your local city hall. Demand that your local elected officials pass a resolution calling on Bush to tell the truth and end the war in Iraq. Here's a sample of on resolution that ties the war to local government challenges. It was passed unanimously in Chapel Hill, NC.
How Else Can You Help?
* Print posters and spread the word.
* Religious leaders. Get your congregations involved.
* Union members. Get your union to support the strike.
* Department of Homeland Security. Stage another fake terror alert to distract us.
* George Bush. Tell the fucking truth.
Hundreds are signed on to this effort. Please join us if you can. Write your own diary. Spread the word. Cross-post like crazy. Anything and everything you can do will make a difference.
We're not asking for money . . . just for commitments to join this cause for truth and spread the word. Our first goal: 50 million strikers worldwide. Our ultimate goal: a responsible government worthy of our trust.